[ic] catalog working, no admin/login, unable to checkout

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Thu Sep 15 19:55:45 UTC 2011

On 16/09/11 05:08, IC Support wrote:
> Can anyone tell me, is it safe to remove all .gdbm, .pag, .dir, .sdbm files
> from CATROOT/products?

I don't know where .pag or .dir files come from, it is safe to remove
the other two as interchange will re-create them.

When did the .sdbm files appear?  Having these suggests that IC did not
find support for gdbm in your perl.  It is highly possible that if you
built your own perl you didn't have the gdbm development package
installed at the time and so perl would have been built without it in
this case.

> I have another IC 5.6.3 install on another domain and that cat was also
> running fine on my old server, and now is having issues on every table while
> starting Interchange, like this:
>
> table 'area' failed: connect to dbi:mysql:cambridge_1982 failed (create) --
> Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
>
> and I see this 'occasionally' in the cat error.log
> - - - [10/September/2011:20:03:33 -0400] 1982 - table 'photos' failed: table
> photos connect failed -- DBI connect('cambridge_1982','',...) failed: Access
> denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: NO) at
> /home/cambridge/chs/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 613
>
> I have the mysql db installed and accessible from phpMyAdmin, user and pass
> is in CATROOT/dbconf/mysql/mysql.cfg:
> Variable  SQLUSER  myusername
> Variable  SQLPASS  mypassword
>
> Does anyone know how this could be coming up with admin at localhost? This
> 'DBI' seems to keep coming up, do I need to remove and reinstall that (I
> have done a reinstall)?

Check your .mysql files for these tables in catroot/dbconf/mysql

> Is it possible that tarring up these cats, then ftp'ing the .tar files to my
> local Windows machine, then ftp'ing up to new server is causing some
> problems? I just did a tar -cf archive.tar foo to create the archive.

Possible, but unlikely.  It is possible that because you didn't compress
the files they were seen as text files by one or both of your FTP
software and so line-ending conversions may have been done in one or
both of the transfers.

Peter