[ic] Interchange Wikipedia article deleted

Gert van der Spoel gert at 3edge.com
Tue Dec 18 21:02:10 UTC 2012

> On Dec 18, 2012, at 3:19 PM, Jeff Dafoe wrote:
>
> >> Please make an effort, there needs to be someone other than me
> >> advocating to keep the interchange page, and preferably a few
> >> people.  I know there are people here who can help, and I do think
> >> it's worth the small amount of time it takes to figure out how to
> >> post in support.
> >
> > I have a WP account but I haven't been able to find much to support
> > notability, ie "significant coverage" in reliable sources.  I certainly
> > _understand_ that IC is notable, but we'd need to find reliable sources
> that
> > have significant coverage and all I've been able to dredge up are the
> old
> > press releases that were already mentioned.
>
> What about all of the talks that Racke, etc has done over the years at
> Perl conferences.  It seems most of this was circa 2008 and none of the
> links are live anyone have any links to perl conference information
> pertaining to Interchange for ref?

The LinuxTag 2008/2009 venues ...

Here some more independent stuff:
http://sandro.groganz.com/2008/06/12/quick-marketing-analysis-of-interchange
-open-source-e-commerce-platform/

http://www.linuxtag.org/2008/en/visitors/ausstellung/exhibitor-list.html
noting Interchange as one of the exhibitors

The Russian Wikipedia page for Interchange has a bit more data available,
although also outdated... There is also a link to:
http://linux.about.com/cs/linux101/g/interchange.htm

@Peter: I do not have much time/energy to set up accounts and figure out
where to post. Various people are doing this effort and end up posting all
around the board, I will avoid the same thing and do not feel like spending
much time figuring it all out.

Those who know Wikipedia can use what I place in this mailinglist without
the need to quote me or acknowledge ... That's the best I can do for now.

CU,

Gert