[ic] undefined carts on upgrade

Josh Lavin josh at perusion.com
Fri Dec 27 18:52:17 UTC 2013

Quoting Gert van der Spoel (gert at 3edge.com):

> >> When putting back the old files, did you also replace cart.cgi with
> >> the old version? Or are you using the latest compiled version that
> >> came with your new install?
> >>
> >> Is this a staging/testing environment? If so it might help to comment
> >> out all but 1 catalog and see to get one of them working. There have
> >> been situations where issues sometimes happen in 1 catalog and cascade
> >> to the next, making it harder to debug.
> >>
> >> CU,
> >>
> >> Gert
> >>

> > You may have hit the nail on the head. It does appear that the technician
> did copy the old cart.cgi as the files carry a 2007 date.
> >
> > I will have to see if I can fine the right version and correct this.
> >
> > Any suggestions as to the best way to replace the old files without doing
> a complete re-install?
>
> Have a look in your interchange install dir, there should be a src directory
> and likely a vlink.something file (I assume you need vlink and not tlink,
> but my knowledge in this area is very rusty).
> With a bit of luck you can copy that one in place of your cart.cgi (make a
> backup ;)).
> Keep in mind to do the chmod +s on the cart.cgi if I remember correctly.
>
> Else I think running ./configure in that src directory will create you a new
> vlink/tlink file.

You don't need to switch to the src directory; just cd to
/usr/local/interchange or wherever your IC install is located, then do
`bin/compile_link`.

That will compile the 'tlink' and 'vlink' programs in the src directory;
you can then copy the appropriate one (typically vlink) to your cgi-bin
as Gert described above, rename to your cgi script name (cart.cgi), and
then `chmod +s cart.cgi`.

--
Josh Lavin
... ask me about job opportunities ...