[ic] undefined carts on upgrade

David Etheredge David_e at charter.net
Mon Dec 30 06:17:14 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: "Josh Lavin" <josh at perusion.com>
To: <interchange-users at icdevgroup.org>
Sent: Friday, December 27, 2013 12:52 PM
Subject: Re: [ic] undefined carts on upgrade

> Quoting Gert van der Spoel (gert at 3edge.com):

>> > You may have hit the nail on the head. It does appear that the
>> > technician
>> did copy the old cart.cgi as the files carry a 2007 date.
>> >
>> > I will have to see if I can fine the right version and correct this.
>> >
>> > Any suggestions as to the best way to replace the old files without
>> > doing
>> a complete re-install?
>>
>> Have a look in your interchange install dir, there should be a src
>> directory
>> and likely a vlink.something file (I assume you need vlink and not tlink,
>> but my knowledge in this area is very rusty).
>> With a bit of luck you can copy that one in place of your cart.cgi (make
>> backup ;)).
>> Keep in mind to do the chmod +s on the cart.cgi if I remember correctly.
>>
>> Else I think running ./configure in that src directory will create you a
>> new
>> vlink/tlink file.
>
> You don't need to switch to the src directory; just cd to
> /usr/local/interchange or wherever your IC install is located, then do
> `bin/compile_link`.
>
> That will compile the 'tlink' and 'vlink' programs in the src directory;
> you can then copy the appropriate one (typically vlink) to your cgi-bin
> as Gert described above, rename to your cgi script name (cart.cgi), and
> then `chmod +s cart.cgi`.
>
> --
> Josh Lavin
> Perusion -- Expert Interchange Consulting    http://www.perusion.com/
> ... ask me about job opportunities ...

After a long struggle with the db files and a few other glitches,
interchange is finally coming up but when I call the cart.cgi, I get a 500
error

500 Internal Server Error
The request was not completed. The server met an unexpected condition.

  78.52.51.205/~ezclang/cgi-bin/cart.cgi (port 80)
Please forward this error screen to 72.52.151.215's WebMaster.

Apache/2.2.26 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.26 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips
mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at
78.52.51.205 Port 80

>From the apache error.log I get
[Mon Dec 30 00:52:17 2013] [error] [client 97.81.233.34] Premature end of
script headers: cart.cgi

[Mon Dec 30 00:52:17 2013] [error] [client 97.81.233.34] File does not
exist: /home/ezclang/public_html/cgi-bin/sys_cpanel, referer:
http://78.52.51.205/~ezclang/cgi-bin/cart.cgi

I do not understand where the sys_cpanel comes from?