[ic] UK states

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Wed Feb 13 10:02:25 UTC 2013

On Wed, 13 Feb 2013, Gert van der Spoel wrote:

> The East Riding of Yorkshire isn't in the one from Lyn I believe. No
> clue to what's correct and what's not (I think those UK dudes are making
> life way too confusing hehe),

With some of our clients shipping to the UK we've found that many
customers in the UK still expect to find older county names in the list,
but those older names were abolished in waves in 1992, 1994, and 1996.

When customers don't see them in the lest, they get flustered and call
customer service or abandon the order.

So we've switched to a simple text field for the county, since counties
are already not necessary for deliveries, and may be phased out entirely:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10825499

Jon

--
Jon Jensen