[ic] Interchange 5.8.0 Release Candidate 3 available

David Christensen david at endpoint.com
Fri Jul 12 16:40:11 UTC 2013

Hi folks,

Soon the Interchange Development Group will be releasing Interchange 5.8.0, the new stable version of interchange. This release will incorporate the many years of work done in the 5.7.x development version, and is a major upgrade to the Interchange system.

We have built a release candidate for the Interchange 5.8.0 release, available via:

http://ftp.icdevgroup.org/interchange/5.8/tar/interchange-5.8.0-rc3.tar.gz

Cryptographic signatures are available here, along with SHA1 and MD5 digests:

http://ftp.icdevgroup.org/interchange/5.8/tar/interchange-5.8.0-rc3.tar.gz.asc
http://ftp.icdevgroup.org/interchange/5.8/tar/MD5SUMS
http://ftp.icdevgroup.org/interchange/5.8/tar/SHA1SUMS

These releases are signed with my GPG key, ID DF9B65B8.

We will incorporate feedback/bug reports from this release candidate, and assuming no major issues are found should be releasing 5.8.0 in a week.

Please see the UPGRADE file in the source distribution for information about possible incompatibilities when upgrading from a version of Interchange < 5.7.  New features for this release can be seen in the WHATSNEW-5.7 file in the source distribution.

Alternately, you can read the UPGRADE document online:

http://git.icdevgroup.org/?p=interchange.git;a=blob_plain;f=UPGRADE;hb=881ef5424c96aa7834be3375cc2a2df6dffa4528

And WHATSNEW-5.7 here:

http://git.icdevgroup.org/?p=interchange.git;a=blob_plain;f=WHATSNEW-5.7;hb=881ef5424c96aa7834be3375cc2a2df6dffa4528

Regards,