[ic] Interchange 5.8.0 Release Candidate 3 available

Mike Heins mike at perusion.com
Wed Jul 17 10:53:48 UTC 2013

Quoting Jon Jensen (jon at endpoint.com):
> On Fri, 12 Jul 2013, David Christensen wrote:
>
> >Soon the Interchange Development Group will be releasing
> >Interchange 5.8.0, the new stable version of interchange. This
> >release will incorporate the many years of work done in the 5.7.x
> >development version, and is a major upgrade to the Interchange
> >system.
>
> Thanks, David. It will be great to see this version released for
> general use!
>
> >We have built a release candidate for the Interchange 5.8.0
> >release, available via:
> >
> >http://ftp.icdevgroup.org/interchange/5.8/tar/interchange-5.8.0-rc3.tar.gz
>
> I tested that on Fedora 18 x86_64 using Perl 5.18.0 unthreaded from
> perlbrew and Perl 5.16.3 threaded from Fedora. The standard demo and
> the unit test catalog both worked well.
>
> Who else has tested, and what OS and Perl versions did you use?
> Let's get some more versions covered before release.

I've done:

    Centos 5 i386 with the stock perl 5.8.8 threaded and a perl 5.8.9 unthreaded.
    Centos 6 i686 with the stock perl 5.10.1 threaded and a perl 5.18.0 unthreaded.
    Centos 6 x86_64 with the stock perl 5.10.1 threaded and a perl 5.18.0 unthreaded.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.765.253.4194  <mike at perusion.com>

Being against torture ought to be sort of a bipartisan thing.
-- Karl Lehenbauer