[ic] Shipping question

DB db at m-and-d.com
Fri Jul 26 15:01:26 UTC 2013

For virtual items like a PDF, I set the item weight to 0 and then use
the following to allow for free shipping of such items:

MDSPDF: regular
        crit  weight
        free  No weight items are free.
        min   0
        max   0
        cost  0
        min   0
        max   9999999
        cost  >>STD

So if there's an item of non-zero weight in the cart, the cost of
shipping gets calculated based on the STD method (which calculates based
on cost). If only zero-weight items are purchased, the choice of free
shipping appears.

This works fine, however when only zero-weight items are in the cart,
both the free and the non-free choices are shown on the checkout page.
I'd prefer to list only the free method when the cart contains only
zero-weight items. My checkout uses the tyical code:

    <SELECT NAME=mv_shipmode>
          [shipping
            label=1
            mode=|[data table=country key='[default country US]'
col=shipmodes]|
              ]
    </SELECT>

Can anyone suggest a solution?