[ic] Optimisation Tip

IC ic at tvcables.co.uk
Tue Jul 30 20:47:03 UTC 2013

Hi Folks,

Whilst trying to optimise IC for speed today I noticed a slow sql query
every time an order was updated, I eventually traced it to /etc/ship_notice

This loop tag:-

[loop prefix=item search="
		fi=orderline
		st=db
		sf=order_number
		se=[loop-code]
		ml=1000
	"]

Produces an sql query of select * from orderline;

If the orderline table has a few hundred thousand rows it returns them all
and causes quite a delay, I replaced it with:-

[query
prefix=item
sql=|select * from orderline where order_number = '[loop-code]'|
type=list
]
[item-list]

Then used [item-param column_name] for the columns in the email, now its
lightning quick at updating an order.

Andy