[ic] Shipping Survey

Andrew Baerg andrew.baerg at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 18:14:01 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 11:56 PM, Kaare Rasmussen <kaare at jasonic.dk> wrote:

> I don't know about IC6, but I do have a couple of questions about Shipment
>
> - How come there's no DHL module?

Shipment::DHL simply hasn't been written yet. If you would like to
contribute, let me know, or simply fork it on github!
https://github.com/pullingshots/Shipment

> - How easy would it be to plug into a local postal service provider? In
> Denmark it looks like it's EDI / EDIFACT, and I guess that would be the
> case in more countries (?)

I don't have a lot of experience with EDI/EDIFACT integration, so I can't
speak to that. I have worked with X12 documents which is actually not as
difficult as I thought it would be, but with EDI, the difficult part is
often in the communication protocol, not the file format.

Both USPS and Canada Post use XML over either REST or SOAP which would be
fairly straightforward to add a new Shipment module for. I hope to be
working on these ones this fall!

Andrew