[ic] Mobile-friendly?

Josh Lavin josh at perusion.com
Mon Apr 7 15:15:41 UTC 2014

Quoting Mike Heins (mikeh at perusion.com):
> Quoting Bob Puff (bob at nleaudio.com):
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've been asked by a client who is running IC if they can make the site more
> > "Mobile-friendly", by which I assume they mean a whole different set of files
> > based on the browser type.  Are there any current examples of this in the
> > latest IC?  How would you detect the mobile browser in the IC ITL?
>
> We either use the builtin Bootstrap stuff, or we use a UserTag based
> on HTTP::BrowserDetect.
>
> If you want to see a responsive site based on Bootstrap, try
> our site at perusion.com.

I have just added some supporting files for mobile to our Interchange
Extras repository:

https://github.com/perusion/interchange-extras/tree/master/mobile

I have used jQuery Mobile for mobile sites, but if you have the time, I
think crafting your own from the ground up would make it leaner and
better, as jqM isn't lightweight and can be buggy.

Use and profit!

--
Josh Lavin
... ask me about job opportunities ...