[ic] [interchange] Add support for automatic quoting of identifiers in DBI.

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Fri Mar 13 22:36:03 UTC 2015

On 03/14/2015 11:30 AM, Peter Ajamian wrote:
> commit de7af78f372f83d082142882ea2fe48267e3efe0
> Author: Peter Ajamian <peter at pajamian.dhs.org>
> Date:   Sat Mar 14 11:12:33 2015 +1300
>
>     Add support for automatic quoting of identifiers in DBI.

This setting works and nicely resolves some name clash issues that arose
for a client when he upgraded mysql.  I would like to eventually enable
this in catalog.cfg that comes stock with the standard demo as I think
it's a good idea to quote all identifiers in generated SQL, it avoids
all sorts of potential issues.  This would mean that new catalogs would
pick up the setting but old ones would have to have it explicitly
enabled so it would not break BC.

My testing has not shown any issues, but this patch touches a lot of
code in DBI.pm, so it is very possible that I introduced a bug.  Please
anyone who cares to help me test this let me know if there are any issues.

Peter