[ic] [interchange] Add support for automatic quoting of identifiers in DBI.

Jon Jensen jon at endpoint.com
Fri Mar 13 22:52:56 UTC 2015

On Sat, 14 Mar 2015, Peter wrote:

> My testing has not shown any issues, but this patch touches a lot of
> code in DBI.pm, so it is very possible that I introduced a bug.

Which databases and versions did you test it against?

> I would like to eventually enable this in catalog.cfg that comes stock
> with the standard demo as I think it's a good idea to quote all
> identifiers in generated SQL, it avoids all sorts of potential issues.

It seems reasonable to do that right now. It's not like people are making
new catalogs based on the standard demo all the time these days. Even if
they were, any new catalog should be tested so if this broke anything it
wouldn't be the end of the world.

The main thing is that it's not the default for old catalogs when someone
upgrades, which you covered.

Jon

--
Jon Jensen