[ic] Strap

Josh Lavin jlavin at endpoint.com
Mon Oct 5 20:09:50 UTC 2015

Quoting Frank Reitzenstein (frank at aussievitamin.com):
> I have made some progress implementing the strap store. I used the
> default perl in ubuntu 15.04.
>
> Because the product group urls on the left did not expand I did that in
> apache2.conf.
>
> Also I rewrote product_tree because it was repeating and only showing
> one subgroup.
>
> My biggest problems now are that I cannot disable the session ids in the
> url in catalog.cfg, but worse than that AlwaysSecure doesn't work. I
> then lose my cart at the checkout page.
>
> http://new.aussievitamin.com/

Hi Frank,

Just looking, I think your session problem may be related to the fact
that your IC urls have the CGI-bin in them, but when you actually
click, it is not there (/shop/aussievitamin).

Just a thought.

I'm not sure on your Always Secure problem, not having seen your setup,
but remember you can just make the "VendURL" always use "https://", as
Google prefers all-secure websites.

Best,
Josh

> Josh Lavin wrote:
> > Quoting Josh Lavin (jlavin at endpoint.com):
> >> Quoting Frank Reitzenstein (frank at aussievitamin.com):

> >> Yes, this is a known bug with some installs of both the Strap and
> >> Standard templates.
> >>
> >> It affects the use of $Tag in catalog.cfg, which is used by the
> >> 'ncheck' subroutine on the category pages.
> >>
> >> I have seen it affect Perl 5.14.1 and 5.22.0 -- but I have also seen a
> >> working 5.14.1.
> > I've made some changes to resolve this problem all the time. You can
> > find them here:
> >
> > https://github.com/jdigory/strap/commit/76fc3ffa280922606034c280d83d7f837790fa8f
> >
> > Just alter catalog.cfg to remove that Sub part, and download the
> > ncheck_catagory.tag file and place in your Interchange server directory,
> > under: code/template_tag/strap/
> >
> > Restart, and it should be fixed.

Josh Lavin
End Point Corporation