[ic] Issue with upgrade to 5.10

Frank Reitzenstein frank at aussievitamin.com
Sun Feb 7 03:58:38 UTC 2016

I don't have your upgrade because I upgraded from the Strap Store of 6
months ago.

For the first time I tried a novel search; Glimpse which is working nicely.

There is a Glimpse.pm in /usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/

Do you gave a /usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Solr.pm or where is the code
that Racke set up?

I changed /var/lib/interchange/aussievitamin/variables/TOP_SEARCH to this:

      <form action="[area search]" method=post class="navbar-form
navbar-right" role="search">
      <input type=hidden name=mv_session_id value="[data session id]">
          <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_coordinate VALUE=1>
          <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_searchtype VALUE=glimpse>
          <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_matchlimit VALUE=[control matches 10]>
          <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_sort_field VALUE=category>
          <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_field VALUE="*">
          <input type=hidden name=mv_substring_match value=1>
          <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_column_op VALUE=ne>
          <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_column_op VALUE=rm>
          <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_searchspec VALUE=1>
          <INPUT MAXLENGTH=30 NAME=mv_searchspec type=text size=20
class="form-control" placeholder="Search">
</form>

..as the default was not useful in either search. For example searching
for Hilde Hemmes Biotta Vegetable Juice would yield nothing for Biotta
Juice. What does others' do out of the box? Same I guess?

root at ubuntu:/usr/lib/interchange# grep -r solr
root at ubuntu:/usr/lib/interchange# grep -r Solr
root at ubuntu:/usr/lib/interchange# grep -r SOLR
root at ubuntu:/usr/lib/interchange# grep -r ajax
strap/variables/JS:<script
src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.11.3/jquery.min.js"></script>

If solr has a presence in my code there is certainly no trace of it. Did
Racke give you a list of the modules in which his custom code resides?
Do you have a copy of your pre upgrade code?

People are integrating Ajax search elsewhere. You could copy Glimpse.pm
and rename it Ajax.pm in Vend, then hack it according to how others have
integrated it.

Reitzenstein Interchange Consulting