[ic] Intermittent Paylpal issue

DB db at m-and-d.com
Tue May 10 17:18:06 UTC 2016

> I charge a handling fee for order that subtotal less than a given
> amount. On some such orders, when the customer pays with Paypal, the
> handling charge is not added. But only sometimes and I've so far seen no
> pattern. Has anyone seen this before or have some idea how to debug?
> Using the fancy new IC 5.10!
>
> DB

I've played with this a bit more. On my checkout page is an "I've read
the terms" checkbox. I've discovered that if I'm placing an order and
don't check that box then choose Paypal as the payment method, the form
correctly displays:

There were errors in your last submission:

    (policy_agree): You must agree to our policies to checkout

The areas you need to correct are shown in this color below.

at the top of the checkout page, however at this point the handling fee
is set to zero. I can then check the box, click Paypal and I'll then be
sent to Paypal with the handling fee set to zero. Reloading the page
does not restore the fee, but pressing Recalculate does.

In my profiles.order I have:

__NAME__                       paypalexpress
__COMMON_ORDER_PROFILE__
&fatal = yes
policy_agree=required You must agree to our policies to checkout
email=required
email=email
&set=mv_payment PaypalExpress
&set=psp Paypal
&set=mv_payment_route paypalexpress
&final = yes
&setcheck = payment_method paypalexpress
__END__

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to correct this? Thanks!

DB