[ic] flypage / IC efficiency?

Stefan Hornburg (Racke) racke at linuxia.de
Sat Sep 17 10:43:18 UTC 2016

On 09/16/2016 11:54 PM, IC wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've noticed that IC pages take much longer to render than similar
> oscommerce pages on the same server, looking at the standard flypage code it
> seems to run an sql query on every item or item-field tag, is this correct?
>
> On some of our flypages we call the item-field tag a lot of times, wouldn't
> it be more efficient to have a single query tag with select * from products
> where sku = 'somesku' then use sql-param down the page?
>
> Regards,
> Andy

Hello Andy,

if I remember correctly, there is a possibility to "prefetch" product data.

You can define a "SpecialSub flypage" and return a structure with the product
data, which would be available on flypage.

I can't give you more details at the moment, but this SpecialSub is
called in Vend::Interpolate::fly_page.

Regards
	Racke

Debian and Sympa administration.