[ic] flypage / IC efficiency?

IC ic at tvcables.co.uk
Sat Sep 17 13:57:24 UTC 2016

> Hello Andy,
>
> if I remember correctly, there is a possibility to "prefetch" product
data.

> You can define a "SpecialSub flypage" and return a structure with the
> product
> data, which would be available on flypage.
>
> I can't give you more details at the moment, but this SpecialSub is
> called in Vend::Interpolate::fly_page.
>
> Regards
> 	Racke

Hi Racke,

I need to run some tests on our current flypage, its running a crazy number
of queries, 271 for a single page load, we do use a highly customised
products table and liberal use of [item-field somefield] but not that many!
We also use timed build as well and I tested logged out in a new session.

Looking at the mysql log it ran this select sku query 124 times in 1 page
load:-

3807628 Query	select sku from products where sku = 'my-test-sku'

Regards,
Andy