[ic] IC freezes

René interchange at hertell.com
Wed Jun 20 11:33:00 UTC 2018

On 15.06.2018 15:22, M Heins wrote:
> Quoting David Christensen (david at endpoint.com):
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> Is there a way to debug why ic get's stuck for up to 1-2 minutes when updating eg the locale-table via the AdminUI?
>>>
>>> Ren??
>>
>> I haven???t heard of this issue before; anything in the logs?
>>

> If you have your locale database in GDBM, it could lock out the admin
> while it was being updated.

Hi!

I can not find anything in the logs. What came into my mind is that
maybe my perl + modules have wrong versions? I run debian Stretch (i386)
and system Perl, so maybe this might be a problem?

I also tried to find some discussions on how to move the locale-database
away from GDBM, but i did not find such discussion, even that if
remember that this was discussed many years ago.. :-( Isn't the idea by
having the locale in GDBM that this part is in the memory, and any extra
db-lookups will not spoil the speed?

Here is btw info what the admin-ui is giving me about modules and db..
Maybe someone can spot some problematic module-versions?

Perl 5.24.1 (called with: /usr/bin/perl)
Optional Module Information

Archive::Tar found (v2.30)
LWP::Simple found (v6.34)
Archive::Zip found (v1.59)
MIME::Base64 found (v3.15)
Business::UPS not found.
Enables lookup of shipping costs directly from www.ups.com.
Safe::Hole found (v0.14)
Compress::Zlib not found.
Only needed for supplementary UserTag definitions.
Set::Crontab found (v1.03)
Crypt::Random found (v1.25)
Spreadsheet::ParseExcel found (v0.65)
Crypt::SSLeay found (v0.7304)
Spreadsheet::WriteExcel found (v2.40)
DBI found (v1.641)
Storable found (v3.11)
Digest::Bcrypt found (v1.209)
Tie::ShadowHash found (v1.00)
Digest::MD5 found (v2.55)
Tie::Watch not found.
Minor: cannot set watch points in catalog.cfg.
Digest::SHA found (v6.02)
URI::URL found (v5.04)
Image::Size found (v3.3)

GDBM available (v1.15)
No Berkeley DB_File.
LDAP available (v0.65)
DBI enabled (v1.641), available drivers:

     DBM
     ExampleP
     File
     Gofer