[ic] IC freezes

René interchange at hertell.com
Mon Jun 25 11:58:06 UTC 2018

On 20.06.2018 14:33, René wrote:
> On 15.06.2018 15:22, M Heins wrote:
>> Quoting David Christensen (david at endpoint.com):

>>> I haven???t heard of this issue before; anything in the logs?
>>>

>> If you have your locale database in GDBM, it could lock out the admin
>> while it was being updated.
>>

> Hi!
>
> I can not find anything in the logs. What came into my mind is that
> maybe my perl + modules have wrong versions? I run debian Stretch (i386)
> and system Perl, so maybe this might be a problem?
>
> I also tried to find some discussions on how to move the locale-database
> away from GDBM, but i did not find such discussion, even that if
> remember that this was discussed many years ago.. :-( Isn't the idea by
> having the locale in GDBM that this part is in the memory, and any extra
> db-lookups will not spoil the speed?
>
> Here is btw info what the admin-ui is giving me about modules and db..
> Maybe someone can spot some problematic module-versions?
>
> Perl 5.24.1 (called with: /usr/bin/perl)
> Optional Module Information
>
> Archive::Tar found (v2.30)
> LWP::Simple found (v6.34)
> Archive::Zip found (v1.59)
> MIME::Base64 found (v3.15)
> Business::UPS not found.
> Enables lookup of shipping costs directly from www.ups.com.
> Safe::Hole found (v0.14)
> Compress::Zlib not found.
> Only needed for supplementary UserTag definitions.
> Set::Crontab found (v1.03)
> Crypt::Random found (v1.25)
> Spreadsheet::ParseExcel found (v0.65)
> Crypt::SSLeay found (v0.7304)
> Spreadsheet::WriteExcel found (v2.40)
> DBI found (v1.641)
> Storable found (v3.11)
> Digest::Bcrypt found (v1.209)
> Tie::ShadowHash found (v1.00)
> Digest::MD5 found (v2.55)
> Tie::Watch not found.
> Minor: cannot set watch points in catalog.cfg.
> Digest::SHA found (v6.02)
> URI::URL found (v5.04)
> Image::Size found (v3.3)
>

> GDBM available (v1.15)
> No Berkeley DB_File.
> LDAP available (v0.65)
> DBI enabled (v1.641), available drivers:
>
>      DBM
>      ExampleP
>      File
>      Gofer
>      Mem
>      Pg
>      Proxy
>      SQLite
>      Sponge
>      mysql

I'm replying to my self. I just installed a new catalog under the same
ic-instance, and there is still something strange. If i edit the
locale-table via the admin-ui, all catalogs "freeze" for a certain
period before the "lock/timeout" seems to get released and all pages
work again smoothly.

I'll try now with a fresh perlbrew-version of 5.24.1 and a fresh
ic-install to see if i still have the same problem..

René