[ic] Email tag / MIME:Lite

Phil Smith phil.smith at phil-home.com
Sat Oct 3 17:05:49 UTC 2020

Hello

Not sure if anyone still gets these emails, but I could really do with some help.

I’m having problems with the [email] tag, specifically it seems when it calls MIME::Lite->new().

Everytime It gets to the call to create a new MIME message, interchange hangs until apache times out.

I have tried the same code in a [perl] block and it does the same thing, but as a native perl script outside of Interchange it works fine.

The [email] tag works fine for non-html email or emails with no attachments, because they do not use MIME.

The code below hangs until it times out.

[perl global=1 ]
use MIME::Lite;

$to = 'test at test.com';
$from= 'phil at interchange.co.uk';
$subject = 'Test Email';
$message = 'This is test email sent by Interchange’;

$msg = MIME::Lite->new('From'     => "$from",
                 );

return $msg ;
[/perl]

Any advice would be very helpful, I cannot see how this would hang, when the same code works fine in stand alone perl

Thanks in advance

Phil.

https://www.avg.com