[ic] Email tag / MIME:Lite

David Christensen david at endpoint.com
Mon Oct 5 13:04:23 UTC 2020

> On Oct 3, 2020, at 12:05 PM, Phil Smith <phil.smith at phil-home.com> wrote:
>
> Hello
>
> Not sure if anyone still gets these emails, but I could really do with some help.
>
> I’m having problems with the [email] tag, specifically it seems when it calls MIME::Lite->new().
>
> Everytime It gets to the call to create a new MIME message, interchange hangs until apache times out.
>
> I have tried the same code in a [perl] block and it does the same thing, but as a native perl script outside of Interchange it works fine.
>
> The [email] tag works fine for non-html email or emails with no attachments, because they do not use MIME.
>
> The code below hangs until it times out.
>
> [perl global=1 ]
> use MIME::Lite;
>
> $to = 'test at test.com';
> $from= 'phil at interchange.co.uk';
> $subject = 'Test Email';
> $message = 'This is test email sent by Interchange’;
>
> $msg = MIME::Lite->new('From'     => "$from",
>                        ‘To’        => “$to”
>                  );
>
> return $msg ;
> [/perl]
>
> Any advice would be very helpful, I cannot see how this would hang, when the same code works fine in stand alone perl
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Phil.

Hi Phil,

Are you using the same To/From addresses in your test emails outside of interchange?  (I assume so, just trying to think if there’s some way some sort of DNS issue is at play, as that’s my initial suspicion any time there are unexplained network delays.)

What versions of MIME::Lite/IC are you using?

Best,

David
--
David Christensen