[ic] Email tag / MIME:Lite

Phil Smith phil.smith at phil-home.com
Mon Oct 5 21:27:51 UTC 2020

>Hi Phil,
>
>What is the type of data that you are including in the test messages; ASCII only or hi-bit data?  Do you have any of >MT_UTF8, MV_HTTP_CHARSET or MV_EMAIL_CHARSET set in your catalog or interchange configuration?
>
>Best,
>
>David

The message was simply “This is test email sent by Interchange” so should be plain old ASCII.

I have ‘Variable MV_UTF8 1’  & ‘Variable MV_HTTP_CHARSET utf-8’ set in catalog.cfg, but MV_EMAIL_CHARSET is not set anywhere.

However, the test case hangs everytime when when the simple stripped down “my  $msg = MIME::Lite->new('From'=> "$from",'To' => "$to" )” in a [perl] block, which I don’t think would be affected by any of those configs.

I have noticed from the guy who developed MIME::Lite, that he no longer recommends it, and there were too many bug with it.  He recommends other Perl Modules instead, but I don’t really want to re-write the [email] tag if it is still working for everyone else?

Can you confirm if you still use the [email] tag in working catalogs?

Phil.

https://www.avg.com