[ic] Email tag / MIME:Lite

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Tue Oct 6 09:19:58 UTC 2020

On 6/10/20 3:58 am, Phil Smith wrote:
> As a standalone perl script the same code works fine on both servers,
> just when ran thru IC (in a [perl] block in a page, as a UserTag or in
> the test_code admin page) it hangs on the MIME::Lite->new() creation of
> the object.

I suspect that this might be a Safe issue.  The first thing I would
check is the SafeUntrap directive in interchange.cfg, make sure there
isn't anything you've untrapped in the old catalog that isn't listed in
the new one.

Also try calling the email tag from outside of the [perl] block, just
with ITL.  If this works then it's very likely going to be Safe.

Other than that it could just be changes in perl, Safe issues are hard
to track down and things sometimes go awry in newer versions of perl.
There are others here who are likely better at dealing with Safe issues
than I am, my preferred method is to rewrite code where necessary so
it's outside of [perl] and [calc] blocks and get on with my day.

Peter