[wellwell-devel] CSS and Javascript Frameworks

Marty Tennison marty at dripdepot.com
Tue Jun 23 15:31:40 UTC 2009

Just wondering....

Since wellwell is  designed to be a framework for building catalogs.
Would it be advantageous to incorporate a CSS and Javascript  framework
(and perhaps others) to ease development?

I've been working with YAML (www.yaml.de) and jQuery (www.jquery.com)
lately.  I'm sure there are others to consider also.

As more of a philosophical discussion, I'm wondering if, to keep
competitive, frameworks as they mature, need to incorporate other
frameworks to ease development as the environment becomes more complex.
Much in the same way interchange incorporates CPAN modules for specific
low level tasks, the framework for building catalogs might need to
incorporate underlying frameworks for visual design also.

Any thoughts?

--
Marty Tennison