Akopia Akopia Services

I will stop this for good was [Re: [mv] This is SPAM for a cause Ibelieve in !

******    message to minivend-users from Birgitt Funk <birgitt@my-school.com>     ******

On Sat, 2 Sep 2000, Mike Heins wrote:

> ******    message to minivend-users from Mike Heins <mikeh@minivend.com>     ******
>
> Quoting birgitt (birgitt@cais.com):
> >
> > I know what I am risking - and Mike Heins and David Adams might disagree
> > with my action and cancel me from this list - but I like you to read through
> > the following article and support the cause. It is the most reasonable initiative
> > with regards to possibly influence PTO's procedures to issue patents.
> >

> This is not nearly as off-topic as the last one I was upset about. I am
> offended by this reference more than anything.....
>
> Please stop this. Why do you continue doing this? Aren't there more
> appropriate forums?

It was not my intention to offend, I hope you believe me that.

I choose this forum only, because I believe that a lot of open source
developers are working with your software and might want to add features
as open source code which might belong in the patentable code category of
"obvious business methods". If such code is released as Open Source,
then  listing them in the above mentioned databases would protect them to
be patented by other corporations for their own interest. Correct me
if this is wrong.

That's why I mentioned it here.

I think now that it has become very  clear that you really are offended by
this and I will not point those things anymore out on this list for good.

I am sorry.

Regards,
Birgitt Funk

-