[interchange-docs] http://www.icdevgroup.org/xmldocs/iccattut/MinimalCatalog.html

Davor Ocelic docelic at griffin.linux.hr
Fri Mar 31 17:54:38 EST 2006

Sorry for not replying properly, some mailer issues obviously.

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 07:34:54 -0800 (PST)
"William O. Yates" <hackware at tru2life.net> wrote:

> Davor Ocelic wrote ..
> > On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 15:17:05 -0800 (PST)
> > "William O. Yates" <hackware at tru2life.net> wrote:
> >
> > > http://www.icdevgroup.org/xmldocs/iccattut/MinimalCatalog.html
> > >

> > > nterchange configuration is controlled by a number of directives,
> > > which
> > are specified in two main files. Global configuration directives go
> > the interchange.cfg file which is common for all catalogs running on
> > servers
> > started from the same Interchange installation directory (ICROOT).
> > Catalog-specific
> > configuration directives go to catalog.cfg in the catalog directory
> > (CATROOT).
> > >
> > > The first directive we need to add is the global Catalog
> > > directive, telling
> > Interchange the details of the new catalog. Open the
> > /etc/interchange/catalogs.cfg
> > file and add the following:
> > > ------------------------------------------------------^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > >
> > > Catalog  tutorial  /var/lib/interchange/catalogs/tutorial
> > > /cgi-bin/ic/tutorial
> > >

> > > i believe that should read "interchange.cfg"...
> >
> > Yes and no. In the introduction, it says we will use debian file
> > paths,
> > and this
> > path is valid on debian.
> >
> > Anyway, this was just ignorance on my part, so I actaully could
> > provide
> > conditional
> > phrases based on profile selected for the build.
> >
> > -doc
>
> i was not refering to the path, but the filename...
>
> catalogs.cfg should be interchange.cfg

No Will, as I said, the right path *and filename* on Debian is

/etc/interchange/catalogs.cfg

The Debian packages are done in such a way that interchange.cfg includes
catalogs.cfg.

> btw: why not allow post to docs...?

Because it was traditionally a closed list. Now that it is public, I
might
enable it in the following days/weeks.

Have a nice day everyone,
-doc