[ic] Raq4i and Interchange

Support interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Dec 10 11:25:01 2001

Help .. .

I want to install the Interchange Shopping Cart Program on my Raq4i (Linux OS)
and it seems that I may be missing something.   If you have installed
Interchange on a Raq4i , please answer these questions.  And any help off list
would be great too!

1) Which file to download?  I downloaded the "cross-platform tarball" and I
can't seem to get it working.  It doesn't seem to install correctly.  The other
platforms are Redhat Linux and Debian GNU/Linux.  Did you download and install
one of these?

2) Maybe I am trying to install it in the wrong place . . .  I untarred it from
telnet at /home/other and ran the configuration file which installed it at
/var/local/interchange and rand the bin/makecat.   Here I specified that it
should be installed in a User Directory www.domain.com/~username.
The Example shows that it works as such but it comes back and says "We're sorry,
the Interchange server is unavailable... We are out of service or may be
experiencing high system demand. Please try again soon. "   I also assume that
this is just a catch all error message.

3) Did you ever find a step by step configuration help file somewhere?

John