[ic] Raq4i and Interchange

newsletters@lineaux.com interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Dec 10 15:24:17 2001

I gave up putting interchange on a RAQ. Perl 5.0x is not easy to upgrade
on the RAQ4i - it broke my GUI when I tried. Since perl 5.6.1 is
necessary for interchange (Data::Dumper, etc), I decided to try
Interchange on a RedHat 7.1 box instead.

Other problems you may have with the RAQ include TCP wrappers / suid
issues. Interchange needs to run as its own user, whereas the RAQ's
tcp_wrappers controls who runs scripts, etc. You may need to rename
interchange.cgi to interchange.int and change your configuration in
httpd.conf.

I wish i could offer more positive input. I tried with both rpm and
tarball, to no avail.

jim