[ic] Products Data Import Help Needed Please

Ronald W. Dorman rwd@csi1st.net
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 09:57:55 -0500

Problem solved.  I opened the products.txt file with Excel and then did a
"save as" to make sure it was tab delimited.  Imported just fine after
that.  The person that updated the file says it was saved as tab
delimited, using Excel on MAC.  I used Excel on Win95.  I didn't think
there were any differences in tab delimited text files from the different
platforms.  Anyone have any knowledge or experience here?  Should we chalk
it up to operator error and ignore it?  We will do some more testing here
and let everyone know if we find a problem.

I have a small concern because we are getting ready to turn this catalog
over to the customer as a live site and they will be maintaining the
products data base via the Import function on the Admin Interface.  I need
to insure that this is as simple and solid for them as it is for me.

Ron D.