[ic] 4.7.x RPM?

Bob Ramstad interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed Jul 18 13:46:12 2001

Howdy.  First, I'm not subscribed to the mailing list, and so any
replies should go directly to me as well.  Thanks.

Given the comments I've been reading at the list archives, and the
fact that we're just starting out with Interchange... and the fact
that our catalog is going to feature a lot of sections and
subsections... it sounds like we should be experimenting with 4.7.x.
(I've been playing around with 4.6.5 for a week or so.)

Would it be possible for a semi-official 4.7.x RPM to be provided in
the downloads area along with the stable 4.6.5 release?  Judging from
all the comments, it sounds like 4.7.x is getting relatively close to
being usable, and not only would this make it easier for folks to
experiment with 4.7.x, it would also generate more comments and bug
reports on 4.7.x which would make it a better release.

Finally, I'm very impressed with the abilities and functionality of
Interchange.  If the documentation gets up to speed, this will be THE
e-commerce system to beat in the marketplace, and it's open source!

-- Bob