[ic] Coupon codes...

Ryan Hertz rhertz@baits.com
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 19:11:20 -0700

At 06:50 PM 3/26/01 , Jim Balcom wrote:
>I think that if a person goes to that much work to find out a discount
>code that they deserve to get it.
>I'm not going to knowingly set a discount code that will cause me to
>lose money, so it's no real disaster if they do find it out.
>And, as you said, as long as I am generating some revenue that's a good
>thing. I'll get them the next time that they come back and I've changed
>the discount codes.

I'm sure a very simple check and balance would take care of
that...  depending on how you distribute the codes to your
customers.  Something like a standard promotional code followed by the
Soundex of their last name would work well.  The Soundex could even be
"ignored" and just used to track who is giving out promo codes to their
friends. :-)  Sorry -- I'm just always looking for a good use for
Text::Soundex.

>When I order from Uline on line I will call their customer service
>number on the phone to get the current discount codes to use. They give
>them to me without a problem.

Hey, could you get me some 4'x3.5" spiral cardboard tubes? :-D

Ryan Hertz                                              tel  800-645-BAIT
Webmaster                                               fax  520-645-2588
Advertising Director                                 http://www.baits.com
Gary Yamamoto Custom Baits, Inc.                  mailto:rhertz@baits.com