[ic] httpd.conf settings? Please help..

Costa Armin (Student Econ99) Armin.Costa@unibz.it
Thu, 3 May 2001 14:36:31 +0200

I'd suggest you to install "Webmin", a freeware administration program. This
will enable you to do certain tasks much quicklier in future, without any
kind of troubleshooting.

Saluti dall'Alta Badia (Provincia di BZ)

Armin

-----Original Message-----
From: Marco Mescoli [mailto:m.mescoli@omnibit.nu]
Sent: Donnerstag, 3. Mai 2001 13:20
To: interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Subject: Re: [ic] httpd.conf settings? Please help..

> I'm using RH linux 7.0, Apache, with the latest stable interchange engine.
>
> My WebDoc root is set to /var/www/html. When I type in
> 'www.machinerunner.com' - (DNS is not set yet but is set locally for me in
> my etc/hosts file) - it doesnt take me directly to the
> var/lib/interchange/mr/pages/index.html file, which is where i want to go.
> I try to link from my /var/www/html/index.html, but i get a permissions
> error. I am running my interchange as interch.  The Apache
> Redirect Directive doesnt seem to get me anywhere either.

The problem is Apache web server. Look at conf file
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
and verify permission on /var/www/html/index.html. When Apache daemon answer
then from this file make link to cgi-bin executable to lead your clients to
IC pages.

Marco Mescoli
Omnibit piccola scrl,
Italy, Modena via Emilia ovest n.101