[ic] Why IC won't create all of my comma field INDEX databases

Christopher VanOosterhout interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed May 16 22:53:00 2001

Greetings all,

I have the following entries in my catalog.cfg file:

Database products products.txt TAB
Database userdb userdb.txt TAB
Database products INDEX category:c
Database products INDEX engines:c
Database area area.txt TAB
Database cat cat.txt TAB
Database products INDEX sku

It is my understanding that this should create three individual databases
especially for enhanced binary searching on the fields: category, engines
and sku.

The first two do not NOW have more than one comma delimited entry per field
but may in the future.

For some reason Interchange is only creating the supplemental database for
sku and not for category or engines.

Any ideas why this would be?  The configuration information above is a
direct copy (spaces, etc all left in tact).

Christopher