[ic] Sell Price vs Qty1/Price1

Steffen Dettmer interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Nov 23 01:22:01 2001

* Steve Graham wrote on Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 04:10 +0000:
> What will happen if I add to the quantity discounts file a field called q1,
> and of course still have standard product price in the main products file?
> Which will be the correct price?

AFAIK (and this is not much) the foundation demo uses quantity
pricing for dealers. So adding q1... wouldn't change anything for
"ordinary" users.

> I would like to show the Manufacturer's suggested list price,
> and my quantity discount prices in the fly-page. I have
> determined how to show the discounts on the fly-page, but did
> not attempt the q1 yet.

I would recommend (which may be complete non-sense) to add a
field to the database called "sugg_price" and print it out just
for information. Since you use a DMBS, you can use some SQL query
to add that field on the run without any problems (please note,
if you don't set NoImport your database tables may be dropped and
recreated if you change the .txt files!). After that, you need to
change the pages. To add the value of sugg_price, you could use:

                Price: <b>[item-price]<b>
                <I>(suggested Price: [item-price])</I>

Without the fear that this new field will change anything as side
effect.

> I would like the product price to be the "list" price, and q1
> our standard q1 sale price. - any suggestion appreciated.

You can implement that but AFAIK the foundation demo handles it
not in this way.

> <> btw:
> I am considering buying the full set of documentation on 4.8.2 to help
> support the IC cause - are these a manuals helplfull?

Documentation is always helpful :) And buying it should help the
development so it may be a good idea. But on this list I read
that are printouts of the online documentation, so you won't get
anythink new AFAIK.

oki,

Steffen