[ic] unable to display page errors

Tue Oct 2 12:55:01 2001

At 11:54 AM 10/02/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>We're running interchange 4.6.5 on a unix shared server. We constantly get
>feedback from customers that say that get the generic browser error "Unable
>to display page" or "URL error, unable to locate site." These are errors
>generated in the browser, they are not interchange errors. They pop up
>INSTANTLY when  the submit button is clicked on various forms throught the
>site. If you hit the back button from these error pages and try again, it
>ALWAYS works the second time. It seems to be only associated with
>interchange, because we never have these problems with any other pages in
>the site. Anyone have a clue or a solution to this puzzle??? I know we are
>losing sales, but we can't locate the source of the problem.
>Thanks greatly for any help.

Is that on a secure checkout page?  I have definitely seen this condition
with certain SSL Certs/SSL Server combinations; if you search the mail
archives I am sure you will find many posts on the subject.  Sorry, but I
don't have any more insite to share.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax