[ic] How to delete additional shipping addresses?

Interchange User interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Aug 1 14:42:00 2002

> Long ago in the "simple" Minivend demo there was a full-blown
> implementation of managing alternate shipping and billing
> addresses: add/edit/delete. At that time everything was stored in
> the userdb; since then I think the scheme has become a bit more
> elaborate, but the same tools should be usable. I suggest you ftp a
> copy of the simple demo, unpack it and take a look at the address
> management code on the checkout page.

Thank you for that info!

I downloaded the simple demo and tested, but "delete_shipping"
doesn't seem to work, or exist, any more (can't find in docs).  So,
I'm still back to my same problem, any idea how I can delete those
additional shipping addresses?

This piece of code was taken from the simple demo (for reference):

[set [L]DELETE shipping[/L]]
mv_todo=return
mv_nextpage=ord/checkout
[userdb function=delete_shipping]
[/set]

You can DELETE a shipping address from your address book.<BR>
[loop arg="[value address_book]" ]
<INPUT TYPE=checkbox NAME="s_nickname" VALUE="[loop-code]">
[loop-code]
[/loop]
<INPUT TYPE=submit NAME="mv_check" VALUE="[L]DELETE
shipping[/L]">