[ic] Bonehead q - but I just can't find it! - adding or replacing items in cart

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Aug 2 00:26:02 2002

At 05:13 PM 8/1/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>I remember setting, once upon a time, an option to add identical items to
>the cart everytime the "buy" link is pressed.
>The other option, which I don't want, is to REPLACE what's in the cart with
>the new order.
>ie. item sku: sku1
>customer adds 2 sku1's to the cart.
>customer then adds 3 sku1's to the cart.
>
>With the ADD option, the cart should display two line items for a total of 5
>sku1's.
>With the REPLACE option, the cart should display only 3 sku1's in the cart
>since it was the last entry.
>
>I remember setting this option.  However, somehow, my cart behavior has
>mysteriously changed.  Now, my cart is in REPLACE mode.  I need to reset it
>to the ADD option.  I've searched to the best of my ability, but I just
>cannot find the answer.
>
>Can someone kindly (gently) put me in the right direction?
>
>I preapologize for asking this here!
>
>Thanks!

That which you seek is a catalog directive called SeparateItems:
http://www.icdevgroup.org/cgi-bin/ic/docfly.html?mv_arg=icconfig05.75

- Ed L.

Increase profits from your Interchange store...
http://www.newmediaems.com/cgi-bin/nm/software_fus.html
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax