[ic] [ic][OT] unwanted mailinglist subscriptions

Jim Balcom interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Aug 8 21:14:01 2002

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Jon Jensen wrote:

JJ>>No drugs at all actually. I just think it's a ridiculous thought that Red
JJ>>Hat would sell the interchange-users list. They've invested so much money
JJ>>in Interchange development and marketing, host the website, demo, mailing
JJ>>list, etc., yet there's always much unwarranted suspicion about Red Hat
JJ>>and little visible gratitude on this list.

Yes, I agree with you that they invested a lot.
But, they unceremoniously dumped it and cut it loose to flounder and go its
own way without any explanation to 'us'.

If your wife suddenly says "I don't want to live with you anymore. Go find
another home." How much gratitude would you show?

Red Hat has been full of dirty tricks in my book going back as far as 1996
(I think it was. I would have to dig into my old checkbooks.)

Red Hat clearly has a Microsoft mindset and is trying to be their main
competitor. While this has not been evident by simply watching Interchange,
it is obvious when you look at the overall Red Hat image that they are
projecting.

-= Jim =-

                   .-.
                   /v\
                  // \\
                 /(   )\
                 ^^ - ^^
          > Phear the Penguin <
              L  I  N  U  X

Tagline for Thursday, August 08, 2002 at 21:00 PM:
Oh sure! But what's the speed of dark?!

This Linux System has been up 157 hours