[ic] [ic][OT] unwanted mailinglist subscriptions

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Aug 9 16:42:01 2002

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 09:11:03PM -0400, Jim Balcom wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Jon Jensen wrote:
>
> JJ>>No drugs at all actually. I just think it's a ridiculous thought that Red
> JJ>>Hat would sell the interchange-users list. They've invested so much money
> JJ>>in Interchange development and marketing, host the website, demo, mailing
> JJ>>list, etc., yet there's always much unwarranted suspicion about Red Hat
> JJ>>and little visible gratitude on this list.
>
> Yes, I agree with you that they invested a lot.
> But, they unceremoniously dumped it and cut it loose to flounder and go its
> own way without any explanation to 'us'.
>
> If your wife suddenly says "I don't want to live with you anymore. Go find
> another home." How much gratitude would you show?

ummmm.....  Bad analogy.

> Red Hat clearly has a Microsoft mindset and is trying to be their main
> competitor. While this has not been evident by simply watching Interchange,
> it is obvious when you look at the overall Red Hat image that they are
> projecting.

They have to fight on the same playing field, but other than that, I
think they are worlds apart.  MS would have bought IC and disappeared
it.  RH probably just discovered how the work/revenue didn't figure
and gave it back bigger and better.

Cut it loose to flounder????  Seems in pretty good hands to me.

I hope they take that $20 they got for selling the mailing list
and buy a good lunch!

Now if RH would only dump rpm for deb...

cfm