[ic] same pgp key for multiple users on mail list?

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Aug 16 11:41:01 2002

At 10:17 AM 08/16/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Good thing is I got the gpg to work on my 4.8.6/7.3 Redhat to work on MY
>machine.
>I created the keys on my local windows box and imported into the server so
>this part
>works fine as I get the email and can decrypt the credit card info.  The
>thing is our
>order_fulfillment@mysite.com gets directed to 4 people from our exchange
>server so
>I thought importing the key for order_fulfillment@mysite.com onto their
>windows box
>and they sign it will work....but it does not.  They imported the key and
>signed it, but
>still says that the order_fulfillment@mysite.com key is invalid when they
>get the order email.
>I've read through the docs and followed directions but am kinda stumped.
>
>I believe it's not necessary to create another route in catalog.cfg as the
>email this is just
>a single email but is being redirected to the people on that email list.
>
>Thanks!
>DC

There is no reason why several people cannot have the ability to decrypt
the cc info in the order email. They just need the either the *private*
key, or the complete keypair, in the keyring for their desktop machines. I
have done this many times.

- Ed L.

Increase profits from your Interchange store...
http://www.newmediaems.com/cgi-bin/nm/software_fus.html
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax