[ic] adding field to matrix option editor

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Aug 29 01:46:02 2002

Quoting Jeff Dafoe (jeff@badtz-maru.com):
> Hello,
>
>     I have working, for a little under two months now, on a store using
> Interchange.  I have encountered various issues while customizing the
> configuration and I have been able to utilize the mailing list archives
> countless times to work through the answer.  However, there is something
> that has me stumped now enough where I joined the mailing list to ask
> (before I go screwing around in the mv_metadata table).
>     How is a field added to the matrix item options editor in the
> administrative UI?  When I am in that part of the UI, I see my options
> listed at the top with the SKU, description and price.  I wouldn't mind
> having the o_sort value show up there.  But most importantly, when I click
> on the SKU, I end up in the editor for that option, but it doesn't include
> the o_sort field.  I would like to add this field there.  When I "poke
> around" in here, I end up in some weird places, like in the item editor with
> option metadata appearing in the item table fields, so I figured I would ask
> before I screw something up.

You *should* be able to click on the link at the top of the edit
page and change the display. We are sort of re-thinking options
at ICDEVGROUP right now, so no much ongoing work is there. But
I think there is an mv_metadata view called matrix::options which
defines that.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Fast, reliable, cheap.  Pick two and we'll talk.  -- unknown