[ic] perl: can't resolve symbol 'mysql_init'

Webmaster interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Dec 10 09:12:01 2002

I've been round and round with this.  Read everything I've found in the
archives about this, but still having the problem.  Both DBI & DBD have been
installed.  There seems to have been a question on whether installing these
modules from www.mysql.com or by installing the way the manual says with the
following commands:

perl -MCPAN -e 'install DBI'

and then,

perl -MCPAN - 'install DBD::mysql'

So just to make sure, we went back in did both above commands.  Perl comes
back and says both the DBI & DBD modules are up to date so it appears it
should work.  However we still get the perl: can't resolve symbol
'mysql_init' when we try to start a ic with a catalog that's attempting to
use a mysql database.  Note: we can connect to the mysql database fine from
the command line, so the database is set up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.