[ic] UPS/FedEx WWW Lookup Charge Type

Fri Feb 1 17:24:01 2002

Hi, Steve,
	I didn't see any official documents that states the online UPS/FEDEX
lookup is not implemented. Since it is listed as one of the charge type and
the default type in the Shipping Data editing screen, it seems to me that it
is a standard feature for IC 4.8. There is also a charge type named as
"Internal UPS", which I think it might refer the caculation the rates based
on the internal rates tables within IC. And the values of these tables, for
example, 2ndDayAir, Ground, NextDayAir are updated by importing the latest
rates file from ups web site. I am new to IC, just started to evaluate IC
since this week. Please the above statement is not true, please correct me.
	Also if you are maintaining a production installation of IC, what
kind of Charge type you are using right now and how do you update the rates
if there is any changes from UPS or Fedex?

Thanks
Wei Wei

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Graham [mailto:dtlgc@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 8:49 PM
To: interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Subject: Re: [ic] UPS/FedEx WWW Lookup Charge Type

Hello,

I believe this has been discussed here before, and has not implemented (that

I am aware of) to access the online UPS/FEDEX servers since it would really
slow down a busy web site.

I implemented this on-line lookup in MS .asp pages, and you still need a
fall back static file in case the UPS/FEDEX servers go down - which they
have on occasion.

-Steve