[ic] Intermittent PGP failures & Lost credit card info

Jerry interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Feb 4 11:00:01 2002

> Sorry I did not include releveant OS info.  here is what I'm running:
>
> Debian Linux 2.2.19
> PGP 6.5.8
> IC 4.8.3
>
> Could this possibly represent a single point of failure for
> interchange?  My thought is that interchange has multiple routes and

[SNIP]
> > I bet you are running BSD. Right?

[SNIP]

For what it's worth, I'm seeing this exact same behavior on our
server running:
RedHat Linux release 6.2.1
GPG version 1.0.1 <-NOTE: Not using PGP.
Interchange 4.8.3

There are currently 15 different catalogs on that server. This has
happened on a few of them, never the same one twice. The error
it logs is: PGP failed with status 3072:

Haven't figured that one out yet. This is very intermittent with
only a couple of occurrences in the last month, but still a problem
to have to contact the customer to get the CC Info again.
It hasn't happened enough to make it a high priority problem, however
I thought sharing that this also happens on a system with a different
Linux brand/release and also GPG as opposed to PGP might help
resolve this. On the surface, Interchange 4.8.3 would seem to
be the common thread. We haven't seen this on the server running
RH release 6.2 and Interchange 4.7.x with GPG 1.0.1. At least
not yet.

Jerry Uphoff