[ic] Rate this.. / Review this... / Recommend this...

Ton Verhagen interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Feb 6 14:04:01 2002

At 01:21 PM 2/6/02 -0500, Julia Jacobs <jjacobs@currantmedia.com> wrote:
>On 2/6/02 12:32 PM, "Ton Verhagen" <ton@verhagen.net> wrote:
>
> >> How about creating a search feature to allow users to search for products
> >> based on different rating variables? For example, if a customer wants to
> >> find a brush that other customers have rated has the softest bristles.
> > [snip]
> >
> > I was going to make a component to list the top-x of a product
> site-wide and
> > per category (based on the weighted average score). However, adding a
> > search feature
> > is a good idea. Thanks. :-)  I will add that one to my todo list.
>
>To my knowledge, there are really no shopping carts or e - commerce websites
>that do this.  I have been to Amazon.com, emusic.com and you cannot easily
>find a product based on a user rating variable like "scariest book" or "best
>rock cd".  You can find the most popular books or what customers who bought
>the product your interested in also bought, but not a rating search feature.
>I think this would put Interchange in the forefront of development tools.

Well, that's an extra incentive to add this feature, isn't it? :-)

Best
         Ton

--
Alamerce Nederland --- Cornerstone of eBusiness

eCommerce Solutions, Interactive Websites and Website Hosting