[ic] Foundation Enhancements..

Brendan Crosser-McGay interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Feb 13 20:46:01 2002

The version of the collapsible vertical category list Randy posted doesn't
necessarily work under all circumstances since the __DOC_ROOT__ var and the
__IMG_DIR__ directory have to exactly represent the place where your images
are or it will not replace the images with the ones you want.

I actually had a problem with it since a majority of my catalogs I'm looking
at don't have the __DOC_ROOT__ and __IMAGE_DIR__ variables being used for
the proper thing, and when I tried to format the term parameter with the
proper path, it still wasn't evalulating to true when the file existed, so I
think maybe that IF statement isn't the right way of doing it.

This doesn't evalulate to true no matter what---

[if type=file term="__DOCROOT__/__IMAGE_DIR__/[control toggleswitchon]"]

I think [control toggleswitchon] needs to be put into a [tmp] var first
before it can be looked at, atleast thats what I seem to find it true in
almost all components, I can't check it right now but thats an idea...

If you don't want it to check for the file, and just blindly display the
image, just change the code like so...
[tmp temporary][control togglswitchon][/tmp]
[if scratch toggleswitchon]
... display the toggleswitch image ...
[else]
display the - character
[/else]
[/if]

etc. etc. for the toggleswitchoff control as well.

I have had no luck with anything besides scratch variables, so I prefer use
them I know they work, and nothing breaks when I use them, if that fails
theres always CGI stuff.

-Brendan

<snip>