[ic] Can IC do this?

Thu Feb 21 17:22:01 2002

At 04:34 PM 02/21/2002 -0500, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Having installed and successfully launched my demos on my server, I have
>to say that I really think Interchange is great. It's very impressive.
>
>I have spent the last day looking over the archives and documentation
>trying to get familiar with everything. I've found most of what I was
>looking for, but I was unable to determine whether the following concepts
>were possible:
>
>1. When an order is a gift, can the customer specify that it is a gift and
>input a special message that would be sent to the store admin with the
>order? I suspect this would be a simple option perhaps using a widget ...
>or something ...

This has been part of IC demos since the Minivend days, and most of the
code is still there, but for some reason the input box was omitted from
checkout.html, at some point. Try adding this to that file, just above the
Place Order button:

Special instructions / Gift note:<br>
<textarea name=gift_note rows=4 cols=50>[value gift_note]</textarea>

You should see whatever you enter on the email receipt and store copy.  If
it doesn't get logged to the order table, modify etc/log_transaction to
record the note in the appropriate field in transactions (I think there is
a comments field).

>2. The stores I'm putting together both sell different sized boxes of
>items (chocolates, cookies, candies, etc) and they want the customer to be
>able to select which flavors go into each box. Again, this must be an
>item's option and I'm sure it's possible, but did not see it spelled out
>as such in the doc and the hardware demo didn't lend itself to these ideas
>very well.
>
>Thanks! Looking forward to working with Interchange.

Play around with item options in the UI and see where that gets you.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax