[ic] Help w/Inventory Pricing Grid

Thu Feb 21 18:36:01 2002

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Jack Sasportas wrote:

JS>>You didn't understand what I was trying to do, it was not a pricing
JS>>discount type of thing it was a size grid.

I'm sorry.

So, here is my second attempt at being stupid...

  In otherwords if you want to
JS>>buy a piece of wood you tell it the height and width, and from there it
JS>>picks the price 2 dimensional -vs- a price discount, 1 dimensional....
JS>>
JS>>Anybody have any ideas ?
JS>>
JS>>Thanks !
JS>>
JS>>Here is the grid and the example agin:
JS>>
JS>>As an example lets say I sell you a hurricane shutter, you select the
JS>>model you
JS>>want, then I need to know the height and the width in order to provide
JS>>the proper
JS>>pricing.
JS>>
JS>>Lets say you pick shutter1, then we get the height (2.5 feet) , and
JS>>width ( 3.2 feet )
JS>>the charge would be $3 based on the pricing grid below.
JS>>Height       1     2-3  3-4  4-5
JS>>Width        2-3    $2   $3   $4
JS>>             3-4    $3   $4   $5
JS>>             4-5    $4   $5   $6

How is this different than the built in pricing grid? Except for different
names.

In a very simplistic method, I would assign different SKUs to different
widths. And, then convert the quantity in the demo to shutter lengths.

I understand that the Foundation demo uses some sort of matrix options which
might be closer to what you are looking for.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Thursday, February 21, 2002 at 18:40 PM:
CODING: AN addictive Drug.

This Linux System has been up 1245 hours