[ic] RE: PayPal (changed to there will be no more on the subject from me)

Julia Jacobs interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Feb 22 12:28:00 2002

On 2/22/02 12:24 AM, "Robert Brandtjen" <rob@prometheusmedia.com> wrote:

> Interchange DOES NOT store the credit card info - only the expiration date,
> not the account number.
>
> :-)
>
> Relax - Pay Pal will either sink or swim with their IPO, I'm betting they
> sink. Wrong time of the decade to launch an IPO on a dot com (dot bomb?)
>

> Rob - your friend

Rob,

You are so right and so true :-).

As I mentioned off list, I will recommend to my client that she forgoe the
PayPal option altogether and just stick with her AmEx, Visa, MasterCard,
Discover, and that UPS C.O.D option that you mentioned since she her Thawte
cert, merchant account and Authorizenet gateway.  She can take Visa and
Master Card check debit cards.  That way the customer is covered under the
warrantee of the credit card company.  For another $150 she can accept
eChecks through Authorizenet if she wants that option.

Its not worth the headache and hassle.

Sorry folks for flooding your Inbox's with PayPal garbage.  I guess I needed
to be educated on the subject.
--
Julia Jacobs
Currant Media